Back to school means back to Irving. And in Irving that means –
Back to learning and discovering.
Back to growing and creating.
Back to thriving and achieving.
Back to dreaming, celebrating and transforming.
Irving ISD is excited to welcome students back for an incredible 2019-2020 school year filled with the kinds of success outlined above. And we’ve made it easier to prepare for the return to school with the newly launched www.irvingisd.net/backtoirving. This one-stop shop for all things back to school, breaks it down into six easy steps:
- Registration – Whether you’re returning for another amazing school year in Irving ISD or you’re joining us a new or transfer student, you will find step-by-step information on enrolling in Irving ISD.
- Important Dates – Mark your calendars for the first day of school, Back-to-School Nights and enrollment verification dates as well as find an electronic version of the student calendar for an overview of the school year ahead.
- Policies – Check the dress code and read more about the safety measures in place in Irving ISD in this section. You will also find the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct.
- Checklists – Reference the school supplies list and required immunizations to check off a pair of items imperative for the return to school.
- General Information – Not sure what school your child is to attend? Wondering where it’s located? Attendance boundaries and school addresses, as well as feeder patterns, school hours, bus routes and information about two after-school programs offered in Irving ISD can be found here. There is also information about school meals. But did you know, beginning this school year, all Irving ISD students in PreK through eighth grade will receive free breakfast and lunch, thanks to the district’s participation in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program? Click here to read more.
- Stay Connected – Catch the latest Irving ISD headlines posted on the district’s newly launched online newsroom; ensure you’re in the know about all Irving ISD happenings by following us on Twitter and Facebook; see the latest flyers posted on Peachjar; view photos of recent district events; watch us on Irving Schools Television; and learn more about School Messenger, the district’s mass notification system.
We can’t wait to see everyone Monday, August 19. Enjoy the rest of your summer!