Celebrate the start of summer with the Dallas Public Library!
Kids have the opportunity to stay active with activities that will keep their skills sharp and ready for the start of the new school year.
- Kids ages 0-18 who read or are read to at least 20 minutes a day can earn great prizes.
- After logging 10 days of reading, kids earn a free book of their choice.
- Each time they reach the 10-day mark, kids can pick up another prize, up to 5 times over the summer.
- Kids who read at least 50 days by August 13 will be entered to win grand prizes!
Adults can participate as well!
“Adults 18 and older can earn badges for reading every day, for attending programs or completing activities. Log reading at dallaslibrary.beanstack.org or on the Beanstack app. For every challenge badge completed, participants can choose one prize from the summer prize bag! Earn three digital challenge badges and receive a Dallas Public Library tote bag.”
Smart Summer kicks-off this June 4th at 10 AM with parties at Dallas Public Library locations!
- Lifesize Candy Land – Central Library
- Community Carnival – Vickery Park Branch
- All About Dinosaurs – Hampton-Illinois Branch
- Kites! – Fretz Park Branch
- Live animals – Prairie Creek Branch
- Science Party – Kleberg-Rylie Branch
- All About Flight – Bachman Lake Branch
- Game On – Highland Hills Branch
- Crafts & Games – Lochwood Branch