The Harvey Martin Dream Foundation was conceived by the late Harvey Martin and his sister, Mary Martin. In honor of her brother’s legacy, it has become Mary’s inspiration and passion to establish a foundation in her brother’s memory that will motivate, encourage, inspire and financially assist students who have the desire to further their educational aspirations beyond the high school level. In fulfillment of our purpose, the Foundation will strategically seek, recognize, and reward the efforts of students who demonstrate a personal desire and work ethic to achieve progressive academic improvement. Additionally, students must demonstrate a desire to advance to a higher level of instruction (post high school academia).
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in the Dallas, Dallas County, Ft. Worth
Independent School District or a campus accredited by the Texas Education
- Applicant must have a Good Attendance School Record. (Ex: Proof from a Current Unofficial School Transcript).
- Applicant must demonstrate a sense of commitment and positive-impact involvement consistent with the views and values of the Foundation. (Ex: Volunteer Work, School Activities, etc).
- Applicant must submit a letter that contains a brief explanation of educational goals and personal background information.
- Applicant must submit Three (3) Letters of Recommendations from any of the following: Teachers, Administrators, Counselors, Employers, or Individuals with significant knowledge of applicant who aren’t relatives.
Carefully review and submit The Harvey Martin Dream Foundation Scholarship Application and information on or before the specified DEADLINE to P. O. Box 3075, DeSoto Texas 75123.
DEADLINE for all applications to be SUBMITTED and RECEIVED is Friday, December 20, 2019.
ONCE THE APPLICANT IS CONTACTED REGARDING THEIR APPLICATION STATUS: The applicant must submit a 500 Word Essay addressing the Topic/Title of the Foundations Selection. The topic will be announced on the Harvey Martin Dream Foundation website on Friday, January 24, 2020. (www.harveymartindreamfoundation.com). Please visit the website on that date for further instructions regarding the Essay Topic and Deadline for submission. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact The Foundation at 469-233-1031.