Dallas ISD students in prekindergarten through grade 12 must have the appropriate immunizations against vaccine-preventable diseases prior to the start of classes Monday, August 26, in order to comply with guidelines established by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Official records from a physician or health clinic, which provide documentation of current immunizations, are required.
Parents are encouraged to avoid the back-to-school immunization rush by getting their child’s vaccinations early.
A free immunization event is being offered Saturday, July 20, 8a.m.– 12:00p.m., at Antioch Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, 7550 S. Hampton Rd. Parents should bring their child’s shot records.
2013-2014 Immunization Requirements:
1. Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis/Tetanus-Diptheria-acellular-Pertussis containing vaccine
2. Poliomyelitis (to age 18 years)
3. Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
4. Haemophilus Influenza Type B: (Students through age 4 years)
5. Hepatitis B
6. Varicella (Chicken Pox)
7. Pneumococcal: (24 months to age 59 months)
8. Hepatitis A