Bits & Bites 2018, presented by El Centro’s Food and Hospitality Institute, will offer more than 30 top chefs hosted at the Dallas Arboretum’s beautiful new food and sustainability-focused event space, A Tasteful Place, April 15 from 5-8 p.m.
Bits & Bites, is celebrating 10 years of this annual event for food lovers from across the metroplex who want to experience innovative, chef-curated bites and wine pairings. Proceeds from the event contribute to a fund established to enhance and expand El Centro College’s Food and Hospitality Institute, a culinary program that trains and educates Dallas-Fort Worth’s food and hospitality workforce (and has been for more than 40 years!). This year’s event will honor Jessie Yearwood, Food and Hospitality Service Instructor, and the founding members of the Bits & Bites Committee.
Tickets are $65 and can be purchased in advance online at 2018 Bits and Bites. Purchase tickets by mail with checks made payable to “DCCCD Foundation” and send them to: El Centro College, Cindy Bozzelli-Duke, Business and Public Services, 801 Main St., Dallas TX 75202.
A few of the presenting chefs include:
- CBD Provisions, Chef Nick Walker
- 3015 at Trinity Groves, Chef Sharon Van Meter
- The Mozzarella Company, Paula Lambert
- Empire Bakery, Chef Meaders Ozarow
- Parigi, Chef Janice Provost
- Grand Hyatt DFW, Chef Jean-Claude Plihon
- Fairmont Hotel / The Pyramid Room, Chef Jared Harms
- The Porch, Chef Adam West
- La Duni, Chef Dunia Borgia
- Café 43, Chef John Maas
- 20 Feet Seafood Joint, Chef Marc Cassel
- Whiskey Cake, Chef Hugh Stewart
- Vestals Catering, Chef Jordan Swim
- Chef Robert Clifford
- The Rustic
- And more!
More than 150 accomplished chefs in the Dallas area received their formal training at the Food and Hospitality Institute at El Centro College, including Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House and Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill; Nathan Tate of Boulevardier and Rapscallion; Dunia Borga of LaDuni Restaurants; Marc Cassel of 20 Feet Seafood Joint; and Shari Carlson of Dessert Dreams.