Join the Fort Worth chapter of The Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas on the patio of Tacos Del Norte for an afternoon of family fun and food at HWNT’s 5th Annual Salsa Cook-Off Competition!
DATE: Saturday, June 22, 2019
TIME: 11:00AM – 1:00PM
PLACE: Tacos Del Norte, 300 W. Central Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76164
FEE: Event is FREE; $10 Tasting Ticket for All-You-Can-Eat-Salsa
SALSA COOK-OFF ENTRY FEE:
$20 for 1 gallon of salsa per competitor, $5 extra for every additional type of salsa per competitor.
SALSA COOK-OFF PRIZE CATEGORIES: 1st Place – El Gran Jalapeño 2nd Place – El Caliente 3rd Place – El PicósitoMención Honorífica (Honorable Mention) Voto de la Gente (People’s Choice)
SALSA COOK-OFF JUDGING CHARACTERISTICS:
- Color/Appearance – Is it attractive and visually appealing?
- Smell/Aroma – Is the aroma pleasant without one ingredient overpowering the others?
- Flavor – Independent of spiciness, the product should be delicious.
- Viscosity/Texture – Is it smooth, crunchy, easy to dip, etc?
- Heat/Spiciness – HWNT is looking for a “classic” level of heat, not extreme or mind-numbing heat – mild, medium or hot are all welcome, but try not to destroy the judges taste buds!
- 10:30 AM – Competitors set up and judges arrive
- 12:00 PM – Entry Deadline, no entries accepted after this time
- 12:30 PM – Winners announced
Buy tickets here