The Latino Cultural Center announces a CALL FOR ENTRIES 9th Annual Hecho en Dallas Juried Exhibition
Hecho en Dallas is an annual juried exhibition designed to showcase the recent work of professional artists who reside and are active in the artistic environment of the Dallas area. The exhibition was conceived by theLatinoCulturalCenter in recognition of the talented pool of artists whose creative endeavors give vitality to the cultural movement in DFW.
Submission deadline: Friday, May 18, 2012 by 5 p.m. Not a postmark deadline. Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
Notifications to artists: Thursday, May 31, 2012 via email
Delivery of artwork: June 20-21, 2012, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Opening reception: Friday, June 29, 2012, 6-8 p.m.
Exhibition dates: June 29 – August 31, 2012
Pick-up artwork: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Artists must reside in the City of Dallas or within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Art must have been created within the last three years to be eligible
- Any medium will be considered; however, artists who exhibit artwork that requires the use of special equipment (computers, projectors, multimedia devices, etc.) will be responsible for providing such equipment for the duration of the exhibition
- Size limit for 3D artwork will not exceed 15 feet (length + width + depth), with the longest side of the piece not exceeding 7 feet
- For 2D artwork, the longest side cannot exceed 7 feet
- There is no entry fee for this juried exhibition
How to Submit Entries
Please submit the following for consideration:
- Max of three images of artwork to be considered; files should be named using the last name of the artists, first initial of first name, and sequential numbers for every digital photograph submitted. Example: GonzalezC1.jpg
- Artists statement of 50 words or less
- Artists may submit up to three different artworks to be considered following the parameters defined in Number 1 of How to Submit Entries.
- Completed Artist Entry Form
- Entries may be submitted via mail, and/or in person
- Uncompleted submissions will not be considered
- Artists will be notified of selection via email on Thursday, May 31, 2012
- Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition
Delivery of Artwork
- Artwork must be delivered to the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, Texas 75204on June 20 & 21, 2012 between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline
- Hand-delivered entries may be turned in during LCC regular hours, Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Benjamin Espino, 214-671-0050 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Morales, 214-670-7952 • email@example.com
2600 Live Oak Street • Dallas,TX75204 • www.dallasculture.org/latinoCulturalCenter