This two-part session will show you How to Stand Out on Google
Presenter: Maria Elena Duron is a Get Your Business Online Trainer.
Maria is a Google-supported trainer and speaker for Google’s GYBO program. She helps businesses profitably harness their personal brand, content and referral marketing. Maria is a guest lecturer at the University of Texas SBDC, editor-in-chief of the award-winning Personal Branding Blog and a contributing columnist for publications like Business Insider, American Business Journal, Fox Business, US News & World Report, Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post, and the Young Entrepreneurs Council.
Bring your laptops and explore Google My Business, a free tool for local businesses who want to connect with customers on Google Search and Maps. Get hands-on help creating or updating your listing, and take advantage of a free website.
In this session we’ll show you how to:
- Create or claim your Google My Business listing
- Manage your business info across Google Search and Maps
- Use Google My Business to connect with potential customers
- Create a free website using the info from your business listing
Learn how customers find your business online and how to promote your online presence using a free business listing, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, and online advertising. We’ll introduce some tools that can help, including Google Analytics and Google Trends.
In this workshop we’ll discuss best practices for:
- Creating a free Google My Business listing
- Improving your website’s visibility in Google’s organic search results, on all devices
- Advertising your business on Google
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.